Welcome to Beech Class.
We are a mixed class of Year 3 and Year 4 taught by Mr Bladon. Mrs Foulds and Mrs Shaw help us with our learning.
Our Topic this term is: The Blue Abyss.
Blue Abyss. Grab your wetsuit! We’re going deep into an underwater world of incredible coral and mysterious sea creatures. What do real divers get up to below the surface? Let us create fishy stories about exploring an amazing underwater world.
Project Homework. Choose one of the following or create your own project based on our theme of Blue Abyss. Please have it in on Thursday 4th July 2019:
- · How many amazing shark facts can you find? Build them into a PowerPoint presentation to show the rest of the class. Remember to include images and perhaps some video clips too.
- · Write a ‘true or false’ quiz with fascinating facts about creatures and plants under the sea.
- · Create fact cards about the creatures of the Great Barrier Reef in a Top Trumps style.
- · Use the web with an adult to find out about famous undersea explorers, such as Robert Ballard, Sylvia Earle, William Beebe and James Cameron. Record your information to share with the class.
- · Make a tourist leaflet for people visiting Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.
- · Write a story about a diver’s exploration of a coral reef.
- · Research how to scuba dive and write a set of instructions for a new diver.
Make sure you put in 100% to your homework and produce something of quality that you are super proud of. Also, make sure you don’t start it the night before it is due in. All homework MUST be in on time.